(photography Max Bosse)
Young Steinway Artist, Nicholas Young, will perform repertoire from Introspection in a series of concerts in 2017.
Nicholas’s Australian awards include:
- Winner of the 2016 Allison/Henderson Sydney Eisteddfod Scholarship
- Winner of the 2016 Michael Kieran Harvey Piano Scholarship
- Second Prize of the 2012 Australian National Piano Award
- Runner-Up Prize of the 2012 Australian Youth Classical Music Competition
- University of Sydney Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- the Marten Bequest Travelling Scholarship
- Keyboard Winner of the 2011 ABC Symphony Australia Young Performers Awards
- Winner of the 8th Yamaha Australian Youth Piano Competition in 2007
Nicholas’s overseas awards include:
- First Prize and Best Beethoven Performance at the 2015 ‘Grand Prize Virtuoso’ International Music Competition (London)
- Third Prize of the 15th Rome International Piano Competition – November, 2015
- Honourable Mention at the 7th International Rosario Marciano Piano Competition (Vienna)
- Honourable Mention at the 1st International Cochran Piano Competition
Nicholas regularly performs new work and has performed both as a soloist and in chamber ensembles in Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Italy, Austria and the UK. He has appeared in concerts in the Sydney Opera House, Melbourne Recital Centre, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, London Wigmore Hall, Munich Gasteig and Vienna Ehrbar Hall.
For more details see: www.nicholasyoungpiano.com
Nicholas will feature in Alan’s 2nd Album to be recorded in early February 2018, which will consist of more piano music composed by Alan while living in Melbourne some of Alan’s chamber repertoire.